As with any products there are a few safety points to consider when using and installing your shade sail. Please see some hints and tips below to make the installation and use of your shade sail safer:
- Ensure all fixing points are structurally sound, and strong enough to bear the stress of a shade sail under tension.
- Prior to installing, consult your local council in regards to any building regulations that may apply.
- Care should be taken to avoid chemicals that may contain bleach, or other agricultural chemicals containing sulphur or halogens. These chemicals may attack the UV stabilisers within the shade sail, thus reducing the life of the product and voiding the warranty.
- Do not place fabric close to open flame or fire.
- Do not use your barbecue under the shade sail structure.
- It is recommended to temporarily remove your shade sail during strong wind conditions.